Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summertime and Job hunting

Eaten so far today:
Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal
                1 serving of homemade blended coffee drink
Lunch: Turkey BLT Sandwich (Delicious and made right in the kitchen!)
           12 Doritos chips (counted)
Snack: 1 Jello Sugar Free cup

Knitted so far today:
Added 7 rounds to the sock on my needles.

Job hunting today is difficult for everyone...especially those with little to no experience. So when I say that I am having a hard time looking for work in my field (Deafness and hearing loss rehabilitation counseling), then you will know what I mean. I am trying not to get upset because I know that everyone is having a hard time, not just me. I just wish I could find a lead to a job where I can help my fellow Deaf and hard of hearing people.

To made matters worse, my car died on me yesterday. I was driving my brother to a bible study session at a church in Oak Brook when it started sputtering then shut off in the middle of the right lane. I couldn't move it off the road or into a parking lot. I was definitely scared but more upset and frustrated than anything. It wasn't until I got home where I really did some reflecting.

I've been a bad Christian. I've lost sight of what I am supposed to be doing, putting my faith in God. I have been so focused on doing something with my life that I forgot it isn't my life to be doing anything with. I fully accept that I have to act as God wishes but lately I've been acting on my own wishes and not talking to my Lord. I had even stopped my daily bible reading that has made me feel even more disconnected from my Lord. I know what I have to do and reestablish that bond with my God, I just feel guilty and kinda pissed at myself for letting it drift as it has. So I ask my brothers and sisters to pray for me as I will pray for all of you to find that connection with God and hopefully together we can give ourselves to the Lord without hestitation.

I did take some pictures to share with everyone. I love being able to share bits and pieces of my life with the world.

These are Peekaboo from Joy of Sox by Linda Kopp. I made them for my mom out of Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted Tonal "Lullaby."

This is the latest prayer shawl I slowly but surely work on when I am able. I do dabble in crochet but I stopped for a while until Margo (our little prayer shawl group leader) "hooked" me again. Damn it!
I have about three rows done but I am taking a break because with the heat, I don't want a hot blanket draping over me.

Here's my Benji. He is sad (as we all are) because we had to put down our Blackie two days ago. She was so ill that it would have been cruel to keep her with us. I would put up a picture but it is still pretty hard to look at her without tearing up.
This is the latest challenge I've taken up. Clandestine in Knit. Sock. Love. by Cookie A. I was doubtful it would fit on my feet since I have some thick legs but it did.

Here's just a little bit of brightness so you can see the pattern better.




Here's my Lorna's Laces yarn Shepard Sock Solid "Cookie's Deep Dark Secret." It was a total accident that I already owned the same yarn used in the pattern. So I figured...why not?

This is the love of my life, Scott Bakula. Yes he is all dressed up.

This is the next sock on my list. It's called Everbody Outta the Pool. Pretty cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment